Thursday, September 29, 2011

Top of the Mark gig recording

Ever since my ears have started to hurt with loud sound, playing drums has been a mixed experience. Since I've been playing regularly with The Back Pages I had to find a way to do it without blowing out what's left of them.  After 10 years of playing V-drums, going back to the real deal was quite a shocker - but FUN... and LOUD...

Every gig I set up a completely separate monitoring rig for my in-ears. I found that if I keep a nice full mix happening, I can keep it low in the ears. I have a small mixer by the drums, with kick, 2 overheads, 2 guitars, keyboard, and bass faders. It's acoustical heaven! Between sets, when I pull out the plugs, the audience noise is louder than my monitors! 

Recently I bought a Tascam DR-03 on sale at GC. Plugging into the recording output of the mixer I figured I can get a good reference for practice. I'm still trying to get those old 60's parts right. Looking for a site to upload I found Kiwi6. They make it easy to embed a link in a blog or a website that streams the MP3 or allows a download for free. I guess advertising works, or you wouldn't get all this cool stuff for free. 

For your Love (extended version)

No comments:

Post a Comment